- It has good SEO (search engine optimisation) options
- WordPress.org is a great novice’s option but is also used by experts. Large organisations use WordPress eg. New York Times, eBay, The Australian, Time Magazine, Sony Music, CNN, NBC Sports and Time Magazine.
- WordPress sites are super easy to use and update
- WordPress sites can be extended, moved and improved
- WordPress development can be redirected to or shared by an experienced web designer
- WordPress has a whole world of the coolest plugins to extend the functionality of your site (a lot of which are free)
- WordPress is free except for your time and hosting costs.
Note: there is often confusion between WordPress.org and WordPress.com. WordPress.org is the free, open source, self-hosted version, owned by no one. WordPress.com is a hosted blogging service run by a company called Automattic.